100 word challenge week 26

There are my targets. There are two girls walking and having a chat. I don’t really have to know what they are talking about but I just need to concentrate on theirs’ bags. I am going to steal theirs’ bags. For an hour ago I started to chase them to steal the bags, also I was planned how to steal theirs’ bags while I was stocking them. Over there is a corner. I noticed that, that place is good to steal their bags. As they turned the corner I reach my hand. And… there were polices waiting for me.

3 Responses

1. victorialeman March 18, 2015 at 2:01 am |

Dabin, isn’t it have to be their bags? theirs’ bags could be right but it sounds strange…

Reply
    1. Mrs T March 18, 2015 at 2:57 am |

Yes, Victoria, you are right. Well done. Remember, possessive pronouns do not use apostrophes, such as ‘ours’ and ‘yours’. If you have trouble with this, think about ‘mine’, or ‘his’: you would never put an apostrophe on either of those, so it is the same with all possessive pronouns.

Reply
  2. Mrs T March 18, 2015 at 3:03 am |

Nice entry, DaBin. You have been showing a good sense of imagination with thise challenges and I’m excited to see how your creative and imaginative writing is developing.

The short sentence at the opening is particularly effective as it sets the tone of dramatic action. The fact that you don’t start with a long description gets your reader ready for something dramatic to happen.

The word ‘police’ is one of those strange nouns which is the same for both singular and plural.

Reply